Re: Varying meeting venue -- why?

2010-08-16 16:11:48
Disclaimer:

I'm generally in favor of the Day Pass model, and I happen to think that attendance by tourists is fine. I think we must not make strategic decisions that affect our primary work, in order to accommodate tourists, but I think it well and good to make ourselves open to them. I can even argue that there is strategic benefit in being open to them. In any event, I have not anything that argues that the Day Pass has a problematic effect.

My analytic effort is to try to understand how the Day Pass makes economic and logistics might make sense and how it might not. This is a pretty classic market analysis exercise.