Re: Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

2010-09-16 12:23:26
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 16:39, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Far from being an incremental evolution of the ARPANET, Orange Book was
essentially Spock with Beard. The ARPANET was a research network whose
development was mostly led by academics with some input from corporations.
Coloured Books was a commercial network from the start and development was
led by telephone company engineers with occasional academics.

Heh.  For a moment you had me wondering what the Trusted Computer
System Evaluation Criteria (TCSEC), aka "the Orange Book" to infosec
geeks, had to do with it.  Different set of colored books.  Then
there's the whole Orange Wall....

-Dave

--
Specialization is for insects. -RAH  | Have Pun, Will Babble! -me
Programming Blog: http://codosaur.us | Work: http://davearonson.com