Re: can we please postpone the ipv6 post-mortem?

2010-10-14 18:48:24
On 10/11/10 7:40 AM, Rémi Després wrote:

Le 9 oct. 2010 à 02:50, Fred Baker a écrit :
That's not limited to Germany. Would that dtag.de would use 172.16/12
rather than 10/8 or 192.168/16, as the latter two seem to find their way
into so many home configurations.

Having the same prefix on each side of the residential NAT could be a real
pain...

With my understanding of how NATs work, I don't see why.
Could you elaborate?

I can cause problems, it doesn't have to... there's a reason why nat
rewriting occurs before forwarding in for example linux iptables.

if you expect to connect to host in a overlapping assignment you're
going to have a problem but I think that's assumed.

Regards,
RD

Kind regards
Peter