Re: Automatically updated Table of Contents with Nroff

2010-12-22 17:26:27
Clarifying: the reason why I'm researching is that apparently some
people think it would be good to have a replacement for xml2rfc.tcl that
*emits* nroff (only - as opposed to plain text/nroff/html as the TCL
code does today).

Though I happen to like nroff  (I also like anchovies) please don't count
me among those who think the replacement for sml2rfc.tcl should have
nroff format as its *only* output format.   Good luck with your research!

What Randy says.
Indeed, I understand why the RFC-Ed folks might want to have nroff
versions of things for their use (manipulation/editing, archival,
whatever).  Having nroff output as an *option* is surely important.
But the rest of us will always need the txt, html, pdf, and whatever.

Barry