Re: Automatically updated Table of Contents with Nroff

2010-12-28 12:29:08
On 28.12.2010 18:26, Martin Rex wrote:
Everyone who looks at writing I-Ds should seriously consider looking
at NRoffEdit before deciding which document format and tool to use.

Everyone who looks at writing I-Ds should also seriously consider xml2rfc. :-)

    http://aaa-sec.com/nroffedit/

It is currently the 5th entry in the section "Prepare Documents"
on this page:

  http://tools.ietf.org/

NRoffEdit is an all-in-one wysiwyg tool in Java that maintains
the TOC for you (within the .nroff source itself).

Which will only work properly as long the output isn't run through standard NROFF, and page breaks change. Just saying.

And yes, xml2rfc also maintains the TOC.

Best regards, Julian