Re: Why ask for IETF Consensus on a WG document?

2011-06-25 00:25:53
On Jun 24, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

On Jun 24, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Keith Moore wrote:

On Jun 24, 2011, at 7:10 PM, james woodyatt wrote:

I see that some of those in the opposition to 6to4-to-historic do not agree
with me that the draft is utterly harmless and will be roundly ignored by
industry.

Were it completely harmless I think it wouldn't meet the needs of the authors
or supporters either. Clearly they would prefer that it be off as a result,
or that the usage be limited to people who've deliberately turned it on and
therefore can be expected to tolerate the limitations.

But there is general agreement to turn 6to4 off by default.   It's the labeling
of 6to4 as historic that is the divisive point.

Keith