Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-24 15:40:04

On Aug 24, 2011, at 4:33 PM, Alia Atlas wrote:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Dave CROCKER <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>
wrote:

On 8/24/2011 1:27 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
Can you start by backing up the assertion  that the community has
vigrously expressed a preference for interesting venues?
I may just need a new IETF community:-)

gosh, I hadn't thought that that was less than obvious, given the vote for
quebec and many, many comments about venue choice over the years.

I'm one who really liked Minneapolis - we had excellent meeting space, places
to run into each other, reasonable food access, and a clueful hotel.

Is it interesting to go to new places?  Sure and if I'm lucky I might get a
morning or afternoon to look around.  Would I be perfectly happy going to the
same 2-3 places every year?  Absolutely.

        I am with you on that. I do not attend IETFs as a vacation and
sight-seeing opportunity.

        --Tom

Alia