Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

2011-08-24 15:56:23

On 8/24/2011 1:34 PM, geoff wrote:
I agree.  I think that there is a vocal minority that wants this.  I
don't think that community as a whole really cares.

Sorry, but the vote on Quebec City, and the recent, follow-on commentary are far more substantial and proportionally dominant than a "vocal minority".

If there is, indeed, a significant constituency that would prefer a strict focus on -- for example -- cost, to the exclusion of such things as -- for example -- going to new venues, it needs to speak up and make its requirements far more clear and consensus-based than has happened so far.

Stray postings of personal preference might help to start the process, but they won't achieve much on their own.

d/

ps. Underlying any sort of change to the model is a change in the nature of host/sponsor recruitment. The current approach uses new venues to aid in finding new sponsors.

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking