Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-24 17:25:28

On 08/24/2011 11:07 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

"....doesn't look that good in terms of iaoc performance over time."

Are you seriously suggesting that we are looking for more and more
expensive venues over time?

No. And obviously not. I don't see how it helps to suggest
that either.

> Do you not think there might be some
factors such as inflation, currency fluctuations, general cost
increases (oil prices perhaps) that dictate most of this?

Inflation is accounted for in the figures given. We're
still >20% above inflation in terms of hotel prices based
on these figures.

You might claim hotel price inflation is higher than the
overall, I don't know. I would hope the iaoc would know
that. What I'm claiming is that the numbers seem to me
to show that the outcome is not so good. And hence it seems
to me that the iaoc is not performing that well in this respect.

You might bring out the meeting fee argument etc. but I
think you (the iaoc as a group) should start by acknowledging
that there is a real issue here and then try to address
that and *not* argue I'm accusing you of bad faith or
something.

S.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo