Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-24 19:41:33

On 08/24/2011 11:43 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

On Aug 24, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
Inflation is accounted for in the figures given. We're
still>20% above inflation in terms of hotel prices based
on these figures.

You might claim hotel price inflation is higher than the
overall, I don't know. I would hope the iaoc would know
that. What I'm claiming is that the numbers seem to me
to show that the outcome is not so good. And hence it seems
to me that the iaoc is not performing that well in this respect.

You might bring out the meeting fee argument etc. but I
think you (the iaoc as a group) should start by acknowledging
that there is a real issue here and then try to address
that and *not* argue I'm accusing you of bad faith or
something.

Does not control for currency fluctuation unless I missed something in the
table.

not that externalities such as the ECB members flushing the euro down the
toilet don't impact costs but the notion that we can anticipate or ameliorate
such risks on a 2-5 year time scale is unlikely.

Not that sure what your point is. If there's a fair way to
arrange the actual data that shows costs not increasing
faster than inflation I'd be interested in seeing that.
I don't believe there is.

While I'm sure there are details of the table I made
up that can be debated, I'd rather the iaoc do that work
and then

My point is that for what I've been able to easily measure
it looks to me like the iaoc haven't got great results.

Also, I don't see that they're actually concentrating on
reducing costs in a way that can be measured. And I think
they should.

S.