Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-24 19:53:56
On Aug 24, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

The University Campus, or maybe "University Conference Center" idea
is worth exploring, such places do exist (in Atlanta for example),
but, as others have pointed out, we need to clearly define what the
goal is here and recognize that there are some incompatible
requirements.

I think this is *very* much worth doing. (Full disclosure: I tried
to get IETF-72 in Trinity College Dublin but that fell over thanks
in part to our local fascist sysadmins who hopefully don't read this
list;-)

It's worth noting that trinity didn't actually have meeting room big enough for
the plenary at least as the plan for the venue I was consulted on went.  each
venue has unique challenges, some are harder than others.

Having worked at a large  US state school for more than a decade, only the
summer meeting is likely to align with an academic calender in a way that
wouldn't cause people to laugh hysterically and show you the door.