Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-24 22:12:46
Stephen,

Thanks. Now, we should maybe calibrate that in something other
than USD (maybe in milligrams of gold, or the Economist's Bic Mac
index) and also find an independent source on hotel price inflation.

I'm not assuming that it's the IAOC's fault, but the numbers are bad.

Regards
   Brian

On 2011-08-25 10:01, Stephen Farrell wrote:

It would be interesting if someone with historical data could plot IETF
hotel and meeting fee costs over the years since 1986, normalized to take
account of inflation and trade-weighted currency variations. I really
can't guess what the outcome would be.

Well, since you ask:-)

I was complaining to the iaoc about this last year and just this
evening sent them the attached updated whinge.

Not all you asked for but some of it.

IMO, it doesn't look that good in terms of iaoc performance over
time.

S.

Re: increasing IETF hotel costs