Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-25 12:16:36
Keith Moore wrote:
On Aug 24, 2011, at 5:48 PM, Eric Burger wrote:

Let's ask again: what is it you WANT?

Personally, I want to be able to afford to travel to the meetings, and to be able to do so without having to commit to spending the money months in advance.

More broadly, I want IETF meetings to be accessible by a wide range of interests: academics, operators, small vendors, large vendors, even
users.

Whether or not this is feasible and/or possible by the organization, among the entire thread, this is probably the best ideal to improve the future of the IETF that also takes into account minimizing the expensive total hardship (from travel to lodging) to attend a meeting. There are many aspects of the IETF associated with the desires of different groups that can be distributed into different symposiums, work shops, etc, in different locations.

+1.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos