Re: voting system for future venues?

2011-08-24 20:12:21

On 08/25/2011 01:55 AM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

and what I'm saying is the current venue is 10% more expensive now then when
negotiated.

Ok. I don't know that that information ("when negotiated")
is public.

so is your deviation 10% 20% etc.

Not that simple. The model I used is based on 6-meeting
inflation adjusted moving averages. So the percentages
don't just add up like that. But feel free to suggest
a model that accounts for currencies like that if you
want. I think if iaoc had some cost model and a specific
goal to reduce costs according to that model, then that'd
be good almost regardless of the model's details.

is the ioac on the hook for the value of the us dollar?

Nope. iasa and iaoc are on the hook for organising
and that includes costs. There are many things they
don't control and they've a hard job. But then that's
true of most of us;-)

S.