RE: 2119bis

2011-08-31 15:00:34
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Keith Moore
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:51 PM
To: Hector
Cc: IETF discussion list
Subject: Re: 2119bis

On Aug 31, 2011, at 3:44 PM, Hector wrote:

I'm having a hard time understanding why you continue to work on the
basis that people "fail to read" essentially implying stupidity in the
process.

I work on the basis of "fail to read" because I've seen countless
examples of it.   And stupidity is not the same thing as lack of
diligence.

Ditto.  And I also see a lot of creative interpretation.  There's little we can
do to thwart any of those problems; some people read what they want to read and
do so in a vacuum.

As far as I'm concerned, Tony's I-D is a nonstarter, and therefore
irrelevant.

I certainly agree that it's irrelevant to this discussion, plus it's only an
I-D at this point anyway.  We're talking about a published BCP here.