Re: Requirement to go to meetings

2011-10-27 08:38:56
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Ross Callon <rcallon(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net>
wrote:

Mary;****

** **

Would you want the comments that are currently sent in privately to nomcom
to become public, or do you want the voters to make their choices without
hearing these comments? ****

** **

Ross

[MB] No, I do not think the comments should be public.  My point was that
there is such a small percentage of the community that even provides input
that it is really difficult to make really good decisions with that
information.  Each nomcom asks for detailed feedback, but it is rare to get
feedback that provides concrete examples of why person x is the best choice
for a position.  That makes the job of the Nomcom extremely difficult and is
one of the reasons why the decisions can be far from perfect.

The primary problem with the current Nomcom model that can't be fixed by a
process change is the lack of community input (Note: there is still time for
folks to provide that input for this year's Nomcom!!!)  So, I consider
voting to be an easy way for folks to express an opinion without providing
details - it at least could hopefully broaden community participation
because it takes far less effort.

[/MB]

Regards,
Mary.