Re: Requirement to go to meetings

2011-10-27 09:04:04

Hi Fred,

On Oct 27, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Fred Baker wrote:
There isn't any requirement for a BoF to form a WG.

I think you're saying that there shouldn't be; at this instant, there
actually is such a requirement. What there isn't a requirement for is a Bar
BOF (and I would argue that there *is* a requirement that if a Bar BOF be
held, it be held in a bar :-)

Actually, there isn't, technically, a requirement for a BOF to form a WG.  It
is so often done that we think of a BOF as a necessary step, but the standards
BCPs don't require one and, in fact, the PCP WG was recently formed without at
BOF.

Margaret