Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-15 07:20:17

On 15 Nov 2011, at 20:46, Barry Leiba wrote:

By "suipport" it, you mean "accept it and convert it to something
else," a meaning of "support" with which I'm unfamiliar.  I'd say
"tolerate".

Well, "support" may have been a little strong - specifically the meeting
materials page says:

"You can only upload a presentation file in txt, pdf, doc, or ppt/pptx. System
will not accept presentation files in any other format."

What's worse is that if you post PPT/X, it gets converted
not to PDF, but to HTML, which I find awkward for slides (it's harder
to download a presentation as a whole in a convenient form).  That's
why I do the PDF conversion up front.

Yes, that _is_ a good reason to convert to PDF up front, ligature problems
notwithstanding.

Ray