Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-15 12:53:35
On 15/11/2011 18:28, Martin Rex wrote:
While I do have OpenOffice on about half of my dozen computing environments,
none of them is sufficiently "new" to process PPTX.  I'm a developer
and need my time for work, rather than constantly wrangling of software
updates of software that I hardly use myself, like OpenOffice.

I agree.  OOo has only supported pptx for the last 3 years, and you're
right that it's totally unrealistic to expect that everyone upgrade any of
their installations within this sort of time-frame.

Personally, I'm pretty upset that I can't display any of these new-fangled
formats on my VT52.  I put this down to sheer bloody-mindedness on the part
of the IETF.

Nick