Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-15 12:29:13
todd glassey wrote:

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

Should the system reject PPTX files ? If people can't read them, why
are we accepting them ?

I would appreciate if that datatracker simply rejected PPTX on upload.

It is several mangnitudes more efficient to have the uploaded simply
select a different option on save rather than to bother dozens of
consumers with having to spend hours and/or $$ to obtain a computing
environment that is capable of visualizing PPTX.

Because the world has evolved since Office v0 was released unlike the IETF.

PPTX is Office 2007 format and there are formal readers and format API's
for office so that this is a no brainer.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=6

And where is the download URL for an officially *FREE* license
of Microsoft Windows that is a prerequisite for this player?

While I do have OpenOffice on about half of my dozen computing environments,
none of them is sufficiently "new" to process PPTX.  I'm a developer
and need my time for work, rather than constantly wrangling of software
updates of software that I hardly use myself, like OpenOffice.

-Martin