Re: Plagued by PPTX again

2011-11-15 12:48:13
On 15 November 2011 19:28, Martin Rex <mrex(_at_)sap(_dot_)com> wrote:

And where is the download URL for an officially *FREE* license
of Microsoft Windows that is a prerequisite for this player?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11575

"Free" as in "120 days" and "you can install a PPT viewer" and
you need "a player" for their "virtual hard disk" image format.

While I hate "anything pdf" I fear that this solution only to
"play" PPT(X) would be *much* worse.  Untested simpler idea:

If you accept to get a Google docs account all these horrible
document formats could be stored as Google docs in the cloud
and shared with everybody using a "compatible browser" (as
temporarily defined by Google, not necessarily IE6/7 or FF3).

-Frank