Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-04-23 01:56:15

On Apr 23, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Tim Chown wrote:

On 23 Apr 2012, at 06:48, Tobias Gondrom
<tobias(_dot_)gondrom(_at_)gondrom(_dot_)org> wrote:

On 23/04/12 13:41, Joel jaeggli wrote:.

What property of the blue sheet makes it personal data.

The fact that publishing them will allow to track in which location (i.e.
meeting room) you are/were at a given point in time. Basically a person
could track your movement over the time of the IETF week.

I thought one main purpose of blue sheets was to size the rooms appropriately.

If that was the purpose, we could sign pseudonymously. Dibs on "Justin Bieber"

If people stop signing the sheets due to privacy concerns, and I would expect
many to do so if this change is made, we might be seeing a few cramped rooms.

Shouldn't matter as long as the people who stop signing are evenly distributed.
Might make security area meetings more cramped.