Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-04-23 00:48:38
On 23/04/12 13:41, Joel jaeggli wrote:
On 4/22/12 22:12 , Tobias Gondrom wrote:
Hi Russ,

thank you for the information.
In this case, my preference would be not to publish the blue sheets with
the proceedings.

Reasoning:
The blue sheet data can at some point be used to determine movement
profiles of individual attendees at the meeting to a finer granularity
than today and therefore can be an issue for privacy (even though I
recognize that this is a public meeting). The fact that we "may reduce"
the amount of subpoenas is a viable reason, still personal data should
be handled as conservative as possible.
What property of the blue sheet makes it personal data.

The fact that publishing them will allow to track in which location (i.e. meeting room) you are/were at a given point in time. Basically a person could track your movement over the time of the IETF week.