Re: So, where to repeat? (was: Re: management granularity)

2012-08-10 12:33:08

"Ole" == Ole Jacobsen <ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:
    Ole> On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Geoff Mulligan wrote:

    >> So I'm confused...  We're we talking about the possibility of
    >> sticking to one European city, one north American city and one Asian
    >> city and not picking various cities throughout the world.

    Ole> Oh, I see. My reading was that we would focus on small number of
    Ole> cities in each region, especially since we cannot depend on ONE
    Ole> being always available for our dates, host and sponsorship
    Ole> notwithstanding.

I understood what Ole did.
I think that over a decade, the small number would go from ~7 to perhaps
2 in each region.  That's because we'd wind up signing multi-year
contracts with hotels that we liked. (which is, I understand, why we
repeated in Minneapolis)