Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

2013-03-10 12:57:47
On 3/10/2013 5:22 AM, IETF Diversity wrote:

I'm listed as a signatory and agree that this is important.

> There are several steps that could be taken, in the short-term within
> our existing BCPs, to address this problem:
>
>       - Each of the confirming bodies (the ISOC Board for the IAB, the
>         IAB for the IESG, and the IESG for the IAOC) could make a
>         public statement at the beginning of each year's nominations
>         process that they will not confirm a slate unless it
>         contributes to increased diversity within the IETF leadership,
>         or it is accompanied by a detailed explanation of what
>         steps were taken to select a more diverse slate and why it was
>         not possible to do so.

I'd ask that people think about what the confirming bodies should be willing to say, along these lines. It seems a bit strong to me, but I'm not sure what the community is comfortable with.

Thanks,

Spencer

(In alphabetical order)

Spencer Dawkins