Re: Mentoring

2013-03-14 08:35:43
I think such a list is a great idea. Perhaps it would be good to have this available as a 'safe place' for any (newbie, twobie or whatever) to ask questions, and just call it a 'mentors' list...

Lou

On March 14, 2013 9:13:15 AM Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

On 3/14/2013 8:49 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
> On 03/14/13 08:23, Mary Barnes allegedly wrote:
>> One question I have is whether there isn't a list for newcomers to ask
>> questions that some of us can be on to help them before they get to
>> the meeting?
>
> <like>

+1

And well advertised on one or more IETF web pages.

What else can be done to vector newbies (and mentors) to the list?

On 3/14/2013 8:59 AM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
 > I wonder if the target audience for SOMEthing might be "two-comers" -
 > people at their SECOND meeting.

Perhaps better to merely have 'newcomers' refer to an initial phase of
IETF involvement, rather than thinking of it as first-contact.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking