Re: Mentoring

2013-03-14 10:20:34
On 14-03-2013 06:46, Eggert, Lars wrote:
Hi,

I sent the following proposal to Alissa yesterday after she spoke on the mike:

What if we created an ietf-mentors list that all newcomers were auto-subscribed to. Those of us who want to mentor send a brief description of who they are and what they work on to the list, and the newcomers can approach those folks that sound like they would like to be mentored by. The mentor and newcomer meet at the meet&greet, and the mentors commit to actively trying to helping their mentorees along for at least that first meeting week.

That doesn't quite solve the issue for very shy newcomers, but it would at least establish some sort of contact.

Lars

I would support such list and I would help.

.as