Re: Mentoring

2013-03-19 02:59:48
On 18/03/2013 18:14, SM wrote:
At 06:44 18-03-2013, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:
- I support a newcomers' list. However, I do believe that the definition
of newcomer must be relaxed a bit. A newcomer is not a 'first time
attendee'. Being a IETF youngster I would say that for the first three
meetings you are a newcomer. This may vary, but if I had to draw a line
somewhere, three would be my choice.

I suggest calling the mailing list hallway(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org or else use
edu-team(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org.  I don't see any reason why "new" has to be
defined.

In my experience, this list is the hallway. edu-team is for logistical
discussions of the EDU team, so I don't think you mean that. edu-discuss
is open to anyone for general discussion of IETF internal education
issues, which is a different topic.

I don't see what's wrong with the word "newcomer"; it isn't pejorative,
and if the list is open to anyone, people can decide for themselves when
they cease to be new. Personally, I'm still learning about the IETF.

   Brian