Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-13 13:02:36

"SM" == SM  <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> writes:
    SM> Michael Richardson commented about the "apparent bias that we are
    SM> experiencing" [1].  The Area Directors, except for two of them,
    SM> work for large vendors.  Is there a bias in favor of vendors? I
    SM> don't think so; large vendors have money and can afford to
    SM> provide funding support.  Is the problem

I believe that there is a bias in favour of large vendors.
It's not that the nomcom picks people from large vendors, but rather
than it only gets candidates with support, and large vendors find it
much easier to support people.

AS A RESULT, we have 30+ years of the promotion and retention (not getting
laid off..) of people from those large vendors as well.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [