Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-13 17:03:48
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:15:22PM -0400, John C Klensin wrote:

JJ Thompson, Grace Anscomb, etc., notwithstanding.  Similarly,
Grace Hopper, Jean Sammet, Jane Thompson, Martha Steenstrup,
Deborah Estrin, Sally Floyd, etc.

I think we're in agreement, but just to emphasise: I have no idea what
the experiences of any of these were like, but I don't think
it's relevant that we can name some successful superstars.  My
point was that it is _difficult_, not that it's impossible.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com