Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-13 12:33:32

On 13 Apr 2013, at 18:05, Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>
wrote:

Maybe what we do is ask some of the large network companies to fund a few
research fellowships on topics that might be of interest to the IETF in the
3-5 year time frame for post-doc types?

They actually do that already. More of would be welcomed of course.

But there's no emphasis on grant holders coming to the IETF. I think that'd be
a fine thing for the grant-givers to strongly encourage since its not on most
grant holders radar. (Grant-givers can't require it btw and get their tax back
in some places as I understand it - awards have to have no strings attached.)

But throwing in some dosh for a few IETF meetings is something some people
reading this could maybe make happen.