Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-24 13:06:27
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On 5/24/13 10:43 AM, Doug Barton wrote:

While it's unlikely that I would be able to attend, I think it's an
excellent idea for reasons already better stated by others, and BA is a
very nice city.

The only suggestion I might add that I haven't seen mentioned yet (and
pardon me if I missed it) would be to perhaps schedule the meeting to piggy
back on one of the excellent regional meetings that is already well
established. Arturo gave a good list, IME LACNIC and LACTLD would be the
best/most obvious candidates. By running the IETF meeting either the week
before, or the week after one of those meetings we would be able to get
quite a bit of cross-pollination, especially with the availability of day
passes.

The dates for our meetings are already fixed out to november 2022.

Given that I don't think there are stone tablets involved, presumably they
could still be moved if there were a good reason.  It's not like people
have already booked plane tickets to BA.

 hth,

Doug