Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-24 18:48:10
My question is about whether we would be there during the "peak" season,
and when exactly is that season?

I gather you're in Ottawa.  Here's Air Canada's calendar rules for
their lowest fare to EZE:

 ORIGINATING CANADA -
     PERMITTED 01JAN THROUGH 08JUL OR 06AUG THROUGH 16SEP
     OR 01OCT THROUGH 16DEC OR 24DEC THROUGH 31DEC ON THE
     FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE
     OF ORIGIN.

   ORIGINATING ARGENTINA -
     PERMITTED 13JAN THROUGH 30JUN OR 21JUL THROUGH 02SEP
     OR 17SEP THROUGH 01JAN ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL
     SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN.

I checked some US cities, turned out the cheapest fares were also
AC (rather an odd routing if you're starting at LAX but think of
all those miles) and the dates are:

  ORIGINATING UNITED STATES -
     PERMITTED 01FEB THROUGH 13JUL OR 04SEP THROUGH 30NOV
     ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED
     ON DATE OF ORIGIN.

   ORIGINATING ARGENTINA -
     PERMITTED 17SEP THROUGH 31DEC OR 27JAN THROUGH 22FEB
     OR 01APR THROUGH 20JUN ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL
     SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN.

I don't know what happens in B.A. in July and August in the middle of
the winter.  The cheapest fares from Paris have no calendar limits.
The cheapest fares from Frankfurt are only good Aug-Oct.  Go figure.