Re: Issues in wider geographic participation

2013-05-27 11:18:42

On 5/27/13 11:15 AM, SM wrote:

Joel Jaeggli mentioned that a regional NOG is not fertile ground for new
IETF participants.  Is LACNOG fertile ground for new IETF participants?

        I guess so.

        We have doing some efforts in the past and we are planning to do more.
You will see some recurrent participants to both places (ietf and lacnog).

The "sending email, comments, reviewing draft" is the really difficult
part.  My uneducated guess is that it would takes months of work.  It's
not as negative as it sounds if you consider that overcoming the barrier
of entry might usually take over a year.

        It is no negative in deed. It is just plain hard.

Could you ask the people who attended the talk (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_zacX9DcZA ) to provide some feedback
about it to edu-discuss mailing list?

        Sure, I will do that.

Regards,