Re: Issues in wider geographic participation

2013-05-27 16:24:50

On Sun, 26 May 2013, Melinda Shore wrote:

It also seems unlikely to me that that million dollars is otherwise
available.

I like the idea of setting up a remote participation center (doubly-
so if one or more very experienced IETFers who spoke the local language
could be on-site) but it seems very unlikely to me that, say, a Frobnitz
Networks employee would be able to convinced Frobnitz Networks to send
the $400 saved by not going to Buenos Aires to such an undertaking.

Your are likely right, but the discussion hasn't included the negative
impression on Frobnitz management re. the added expense.

Just because the money can't be 'recovered' for other use, doesn't
make it rational to spend it.