Re: When to adopt a WG I-D

2013-05-28 10:21:42

On 5/28/2013 10:52 AM, Stewart Bryant wrote:
... The only
requirement is that the chairs conclude that the existence such a draft
has WG consensus.

Strictly speaking, I believe the only requirement for a document to be
published as a WG document is that a WG chair approves it.

I do agree/think there are many practical restrictions, notably charter
& WG support.

WRT to the I-D: the text in section 2.4 that says "the chairs need
to..." can mislead some to believe that this is the required process.  I
think the "the chairs typically..." would be more accurate.

Lou