Re: When to adopt a WG I-D

2013-05-28 10:39:33
there is also the not uncommon event where an idea starts as an individual idea,
moves into a WG, is rejected by the WG, becomes an individual idea, is picked up
by another WG, rejected,  (lather, rinse, repeat), and then the -right- WG is
formed
and it is processed that way.  In the current state of affairs, at each
name-change, the
document counter is reset, particularly for IP challenges.

and there is also Mr. Bush's dispensation to use neither WG or name in his
drafts…
he gets to use  "YMBK"

Naming of IDs, while important, is not an accurate reflection of the growth and
evolution of
an idea in the IETF context.

/bill