Re: When to adopt a WG I-D

2013-05-29 12:44:51
On May 29, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

On 5/29/2013 7:31 PM, Joe Touch wrote:
This doc seems more useful as a section of an update to the TAO of the
IETF. I agree with Brian that putting it forth as a separate document
may give the unintended impression that this is the formal procedure.

Nevermind that it isn't standards track or BCP and that it says quite
explicitly that it isn't normative?

Just the mere fact that it's a "separate" document will somehow impart and
implication of official normativeness?

Yes. We even have that problem with the Tao itself.

--Paul Hoffman