Re: Remote participants access to Meeting Mailing Lists was Re: BOF posters in the welcome reception

2013-07-24 15:56:51
Hi,

Why couldn't remote participants register to the meeting like all other
participants?

Remote participation would of course still be free, but it would allow remote
participants to subscribe to the attendee list in the same way as other
participants.

In addition, it would provide better knowledge to IETF about the number of
remote participants, where they are physically located (which might be useful
input when planning future meeting locations) etc.

Regards,

Christer

Sent from Windows using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter [brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
To: Scott Brim [scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
CC: John C Klensin [john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com]; Tim Chown
[tjc(_at_)ecs(_dot_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk]; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org list
[ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
Subject: Re: Remote participants access to Meeting Mailing Lists was Re: BOF
posters in the welcome reception
On 25/07/2013 05:01, Scott Brim wrote:
The point of having a separate list for participants was to avoid
spamming the ietf list.

It can be open to everyone to subscribe to, since anyone can see the
archives, HOWEVER I recommend that only registered participants be
allowed to post.

Ahem. Either remote participants are allowed to post, or they need
a list of their own. I would envisage a fair amount of chatter about
specific remote-participation issues, like "this new codec isn't
working for me, is it OK for anyone else using <browser version> on
<operating system version>?"

  Brian