Re: Remote participants, newcomers, and tutorials (was: IETF87 Audio Streaming Info)

2013-07-27 07:05:36
At 23:17 26-07-2013, Jari Arkko wrote:
The second quote is valid in most cases, though we've had some sessions at times that were designed more as education than discussion. For instance, the IAB WCIT BOF last time.

The following will be discussed in the DMARC BoF:

"a mechanism for protecting the <display-name> portion of the RFC5322.From field"

My guess is that it might be educational. :-)

I read the second quote as meaning that a WG session is not a how-to or a tutorial. It might be help people understand if it is explained during the orientation session.

But the first one is just plain wrong. Is this from RFC 3184? Many of the first time IETFers are

Yes.

Regards,
-sm