Re: Remote participants, newcomers, and tutorials

2013-07-29 00:56:17
On 7/29/13 7:25 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

     My suggestion is for a 'status' page that gives a brief summary
about the current state of the working group, ideally listing the
current, near-term vector of the work -- what's the current focus of
effort -- and major open issues.

     I'll suggest that it be updated after every meeting.

Arguably, this sort of status statement is good to have even without
newcomers, since it forces working groups to face the question of what
progress they are and are not making.

An exercise like this can be cast as onerous or helpful, depending
upon the surrounding organizational 'tone' we use.  In a supportive
environment, the exercise is helpful.  In a hostile one, not so much.

Basically, if a wg is being diligent and candid in summarizing its
problems (as well as progress) the rest of us have an obligation to be
helpful.
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/ops/trac/wiki/IETF86summary

is the ops area's experiment with doing this.

d/