Re: Remote participants, newcomers, and tutorials (was: IETF87 Audio Streaming Info)

2013-07-27 17:01:23
In article <8BA59F96-A1DE-460F-9A22-F2CD4CE5F31C(_at_)emc(_dot_)com> you write:
I think it would be really helpful/useful if working groups could provide short
video overviews to help people understand the work.  This includes newcomers
and
also interested observers, who may include implementers.  Can that be
accommodated, maybe at a future meeting?  I am happy to help if I can.

I gather you're active in the MILE group.  How about making a video
overview for it and let us know how it went?  If we make videos, we
can put it on the web and not take up time at WG meetings.

Having made my share of five minute videos, I've found that a PC with
a webcam and cheap video recording and editing software (to add a
title and splice together the pieces) is all you need technically, but
coming up with a script, getting the required people to agree that
it's OK, and recording it in a way that is watchable is a surprisingly
large amount of work.

R's,
John