Re: 6tsch BoF

2013-08-03 11:44:36
Hi Ted,
At 05:47 03-08-2013, Ted Lemon wrote:
Do you think I said something that contradicts what Brian said? I believe that I agree with him. But he's talking about how you ultimately determine consensus, whereas I was talking about what hums and shows of hands mean, and in what way they are useful.

I don't think that Brian was talking about how you ultimately determine consensus. Here is the last paragraph of Brian's message:

 "In the case of a WG-forming BOF, it seems to me that a nucleus
  of people willing and competent to do the work, and a good set of
  arguments why the work needs to be done and how it will make the
  Internet better, are more important than any kind of numbers game."

That one sentence covers all the points which are relevant. It's an Area Director decision. It does not require consensus or any kind of number game.

Regards,
-sm