Re: 6tsch BoF

In the case of a WG-forming BOF, it seems to me that a nucleus
of people willing and competent to do the work, and a good set of
arguments why the work needs to be done and how it will make the
Internet better, are more important than any kind of numbers game.

Yes, and "Who here is planning on contributing to
this effort if we're chartered?" is an entirely different
question from "Who here thinks we should charter a
working group?"

Finding consensus is not simply a matter of asking
a particular question at a given point in time.  It's
a process.  I cannot recommend strongly enough that
people spend time with Pete's document:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-resnick-on-consensus/

Melinda