Re: 6tsch BoF

2013-08-03 23:55:34
What did you think of Pete Resnick's draft about hums.

I thought well of it; I still do.  When Pete planned to write it, I
offered to co-author it.  But he said that once he got started, it all
just flowed out, and he wanted to present it as just his craziness, at
least at first.

It's not about hums, in particular, but about rough consensus, in
general, however it's reached.  The main point where Pete and I
disagree is whether raised hands are an appropriate replacement for
humming when you're "getting a sense of the room" -- I like hands, he
doesn't.  But we're completely in agreement about what to do with the
data.

Barry