Re: 6tsch BoF

2013-08-03 12:27:57
Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
On 8/1/2013 10:50 AM, Ralph Droms wrote:
In particular, the effect of humming versus
show of hands was pretty obvious.

The fact that the results were so profoundly different should get our
attention, enough to get us to consider specifying how to measure
consensus.  From the data you cited, it appears that raising hands
carries some sort of social onus, at least for some people some times,
that raising hands does not.

Unless I missed something, it was not clear how much of the effect was
due to hands vs. hum, and how much of it was due to people being asked
a second time after they'd already seen (err, heard) the sense of the
room when it was asked just previously.
  -- Cos