Re: [iaoc-rps] RPS Accessibility

2013-08-06 15:37:40
[to no one in particular]

Uhhh... I can't tell if you folks are being serious about this idea or not, but
in case you are being serious... ISTM there's such a thing as too much
technology being a bad thing.  If you think technical glitches now-and-then
cause issues with remote participants today, wait until physical participants
have to deal with glitches in something like this.  "KISS" isn't just a
rock-band from the 70's, it's also a useful principle known to many today.

If the problem is "we don't know who's speaking", then fix that problem.  In
WGs I go to, both the WG chairs and the jabber scribes regularly yell "NAME!"
if someone forgets to say it.  Unlike DNS Ops, this isn't rocket science.

Besides, it's not a bad thing to make people get in mic lines, if for no other
reason than to have a small barrier threshold for folks to decide it's worth it
to say something.[1]

-hadriel
[1] yes, I recognize the irony in this statement, since I get up to the mic
every 15 seconds and say inane things.  We can't stop all people like me from
wasting meeting time, we can just reduce the number of similar people wasting
time.

On Aug 6, 2013, at 3:15 PM, Ted Lemon <Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com>