Re: [iaoc-rps] RPS Accessibility

2013-08-06 15:48:06
On 08/06/2013 01:46 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Aug 6, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Hadriel Kaplan
<hadriel(_dot_)kaplan(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com> wrote:
If the problem is "we don't know who's speaking", then fix that problem.  In WGs I go to,
both the WG chairs and the jabber scribes regularly yell "NAME!" if someone forgets to
say it.  Unlike DNS Ops, this isn't rocket science.

This doesn't work very well.   In one meeting where I was scribing this IETF, I had to
shout NAME at the same person several times, because he didn't state his name clearly
enough for me to be sure I'd gotten it, and so it didn't stick.   I hate doing
this—I think it's disruptive, and nobody likes getting yelled at.   I certainly
don't like _having_ to yell.

Then come up with an alternate proposal. Fixing this problem is non-optional.