Re: Rude responses (sergeant-at-arms?)

2013-08-27 14:36:08
At 10:11 27-08-2013, Ted Lemon wrote:
But the most rude behavior that ever occurs on IETF mailing lists is not listening. Not trying to understand what the person who is speaking to you has said. Not trying to figure out if what they said meaningfully contradicts your own position, and not making a sincere effort to determine if they might be correct in contradicting your position.

Yes.

We have seen some incredible rudeness of this type in the recent spfbis discussion, with various supposedly smart people in our community utterly ignoring what their opponents are saying, and simply re-asserting their own position in a variety of ways.

I'll add the message from Scott Brim below and comment.