Re: Rude responses (sergeant-at-arms?)

2013-08-27 17:54:58
Sometimes there is a need for sarcasm.

I find it very rude when people begin by lecturing a Working Group on the
'fact' that nobody understands the subject matter. This is not the
exhibition of modesty etc. that it pretends to be, it is actually a trap
designed to gull the WG into agreeing that they know nothing about the
problem whereupon the original proposer will gladly provide the poor naifs
with their pearls of wisdom.

The correct response in such situations is in my book, 'you may speak for
yourself and your own level of expertise but do not accuse others of
sharing your inabilities'.

I also find it very rude when people try to cut short a discussion with
recourse to bogus points of processor try to trump a discussion with
recourse to an authority that I know from private conversations to hold the
exact opposite opinion to the one being attributed to them.

What I found incredibly rude was when an AD and Working Group chair
actually hissed when I gave my company name at the mic.

But what I found worst was the fact that nobody seemed to be taking any
notice at all of the four women who raised diversity issues at the mic in
Orlando until I got up to the mic and mansplained the issue for you all.